Saturday, June 30, 2018

Goodnight Treebark Lane


Goodnight Treebark Lane
Goodnight cul-de-sac street
Goodnight my home of three years
And where I brought Andrew home for the first time
Goodnight 1960's bathroom and closets
Goodnight living room where we played crashtacular
Goodnight fun-filled backyard
And goodnight tree swing
Goodnight big island where Parker has run circles
And goodnight red rocking chairs on the front porch
Goodnight new, sweat equity front door
And goodnight creaky old floor
Goodnight big old deck for entertaining
And goodnight outdooor lights which were such a pain to get hanging
Goodnight to the house that experienced my first lesson at potty-training
And goodnight to the room where I rocked my kids to sleep
Goodnight neighbors
Goodnight replaced & upgraded underslab plumbing that was a big pain
And goodnight to all of the memories we had at Treebark Lane.

Today we said good-bye to a really great home.  We have so many fun-filled memories here, so much laughter, wrestling and love.  I know we're sending her off to a great couple, but it's still hard to say good-bye.  It was such a treasure we found in Oak Forest-- I'll always remember you house on Treebark Lane.

With Love,

Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment