Oh my goodness, baby boy! You’re one month away from being ONE! How can that be?! Time has just flown by in the blink of an eye. You are still a great baby… a mobile, walking baby! You learned to walk this past month! You’re my little part-time walker. You haven’t figured out how to get from your bottom to standing without holding onto something, so you still crawl a lot once you plop down. It’s pretty stinkin’ cute.
Everyone always compliments how great a baby you are. You’re always having a good day, it seems. And you really are… you’re always great. As long as you are full and not tired, you’re great! But, you definitely still need to nap about every 2.5 to 3 hours. You get cranky for sure. This is going to be a problem for a while since you are starting the toddler classroom this very week where you will only have one nap a day. So, you’ll be napping a lot in the car on the way home.
This month you have really figured out that you prefer table food. No more baby food for you… and you eat just about anything. You love yourself some creamed spinach and spaghetti. Not necessarily together. Hehe. You eat 3 meals a day plus a couple of snacks. So, you’re well fed. You weigh probably around 23 lbs and have 7.5 teeth! The .5 tooth just popped through the gums in the last couple of days!
You and your brother have been playing a little bit more together and I love watching you two laugh at each other. It mostly involves your brother chasing you around the house and you just cackle. Parker calls it “playing giggle time with Andrew.” It’s super sweet.
You’re little personality is really starting to come through. I’ve seen you walk up to your brother, grab his toy (which, to be fair, was yours not his) and scream bloody murder. You wouldn’t tolerate him taking your stuff. Good for you. It’s OK to give brother a hard time about this—he needs the lesson.
I’ve discovered you seem to have “tall” feet! I had to buy 4 different shoes to find some that fit you! I think this means maybe you have a high instep? It’s more than your foot being wide—it’s like you can’t get the shoe to open up enough to put your foot in. But, Nordstrom’s for the win! I found some shoes that fit your feet and you look super adorable in them.
You traveled to San Antonio for a family reunion (Mema’s 80th birthday) and did really well with the car ride. You also went on your first car ride to Arkansas! You did amazingly well—hardly cried at all and were super patient about the whole thing. Mom was impressed. Houston got hit with a crazy amount of rain during hurricane Harvey and we decided to head to Arkansas to escape all of the rain and floods. Turns out that was a wise decision… we’re having way more fun in Arkansas. But, we know there has been severe devastation back home and our thoughts and prayers are with everyone. Lots of clean up headed our way.
So, baby boy, let’s see… at 11 months you:
- Eat 4, 6 oz bottles a day and 3 meals a day
- Wear size 3 diapers and poop 1-2x/day
- Wear 12 month clothes and size 4 shoes
- Take two naps a day with one nap lasting around 1.5 hours and the other 2 to 2.5 hours
- Sleep from 8-8:30 on weekends and 8-6:45 on weekdays
- Love all foods… seriously; I’ve found nothing that you don’t like. You particularly love eggs and sausage, spaghetti and yogurt.
- Have curly hair still in little ringlets at the back of your head. I hope you keep these for forever.
- Walk! But, you can’t get from sitting to standing without crawling onto something to pull yourself up.
- Love climbing on everything and then also putting everything in your mouth!
- Realize when things are taken away and make it known that it made you mad
- Love “playing giggle time” with big brother. I gave you guys a big box and you two just played for a long time going in and out of the box.
- Still suck your thumb and rub your ear at the same time when you’re sleeping or need to calm yourself down. It instantly soothes you.
We love you baby boy, always and forever.
|All of those curls!|