Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What's Shakin'?

 Been a bit delayed here lately, sorry about that.  You haven’t missed too much.  We’re still being frugal and still driving around looking at homes.  Over the past two weeks we have spent about 5 hours in the car on Saturday.  We just drive, drive around.  We’ll start on one side of town and end up in the other.

 

Two Saturdays ago, we forgot to bring a cooler with us (I know, I’m my father’s daughter and I forgot a cooler!) so we had to actually stop for a potty break and get something to drink and snack on.  I also might have convinced Rob to buy a scratch-off ticket, too.  I mean… you never know!  That $3,000 I could win would get me this much closer to my 20%!  Alas, it was not meant to be.  On our second Saturday out we brought a cooler and some goldfish for snacking.

 

So far, we are really liking Sienna Plantation:  http://www.siennaplantation.com/ Make sure you check it out.  This master planned community is in Missouri City, just down the road from Sugar Land.  We can get a pretty large house in this area and its well developed.  It’s more of an established neighborhood but all of the schools are located in that neighborhood as well as a Library, Community College and three daycares.  The only downside is it’s a 35 mile trip each way for Robert to get to work.  On the bright side, it shouldn’t be too laden with traffic.  That is a bright side, right?  It’s about a 20-25 mile trip for me as well.  Toll expense would be around $4,250/yr.  So, that’s technically cheaper than living in Katy.

 

Sienna also has a lot of pocket parks, equestrian center (too bad horses scare me, or this would be pretty cool), and full-blown water park, and a whole area devoted to baseball fields and soccer fields.  I know, I know.. it’s not in the city.  But I don’t seem to find anything I can really (comfortably) afford in the city.  Certainly don’t want to end up house poor.  But maybe we would be time poor???  I don’t know.

 

It’s just a thought right now, but definitely a cool place.  It’s 10 minutes from the Sugar Land mall and about 15 minutes from Highway 59.  There’s an HEB at the entrance of the community as well as a multitude of restaurants and home improvement stores (I mean, you never know when you need to fix something with a house, right?!).

 

Anyways… just wanted to keep you up to date with our house journey.  Not much to tell, we’re still just browsing as we’ll be for awhile.  Rob and I are headed to Arkansas this weekend for my dad & sister’s birthday as well as the track meet.  Ironically, I’m going to miss seeing Kirstie jump since she jumps at 4 PM on a Friday and I don’t get in until 8:30 PM or so on Friday.  I know, I know… crazy.  But, I bought my tickets on a special sale and I didn’t know what time she jumped with I bought them.  So, it looks like we’ll be watching her All-American boyfriend run his races on Saturday only… which is still pretty fun.

 

P.S.  I’m still Zumba-ing.  Don’t think I had forgotten about my last post on Zumba-ing.  I can generally get 5 starts now and my highest % achieved 96%.  I can do three dances, haha.  I still look hilarious, I’m sure…. But I can at least do the steps.  Tonight, I think I’m going to teach myself a new routine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment