Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1, 2, Home.

 This weekend we got to set the house hunting aside and get on a plane to Arkansas.  We left Friday night and came back Monday afternoon.  So, it was an uber quick trip home, but... I got the flights for $59 so it was hard to pass up.

We went to celebrate my sister, Kirstie's birthday, my dad's birthday, and see Kirstie and Travis do their thing out on the track.  Ironically enough, we didn't get to see Kirstie's birthday.  She jumped Friday at 4 PM and our flight didn't even leave on Friday until 7 PM.  So, we missed her.  But she did place 6th which is pretty good.

We did get to see Travis run his races on Saturday though.  He did very well, too.  I know not his personal best, but nothing to be ashamed about that's for sure.  We spent all day Saturday at the track.  Kirstie down loaded this app on Kate's iPad (she got one for Christmas, too) so that we could record videos and then watch them back in slow motion.  So, picture us holding up the iPad and then replaying it back in slow motion. I'm sure we were a hoot to our surrounding spectators.  

Here is a picture of us spectators.  (The lady on the far left is Travis' mom, Gretchen).

 

We also went to PF Changs at night to celebrate Kirstie's birthday. Way too good of food, I tell ya.  Sunday, I had breakfast with my Michelle where we got to catch up after not seeing each other for probably like 6 months or something like that.  We also got to see Kathleen, Robert's grandparents' the Maguires, and Grandma Joan and Jordan.  We also went bowling where Travis bowled a 200.  It was definitely a great game.

Kate even managed to set the pace for the Ladies on the second game where she got her own PR (personal record)! I think she bowled like a 150 or something like that.  Trust me when I say, she freaking rocked.  The rest of us bowled so-so.  Dad and Rob also did a good job with each of them coming close to the 200 mark.  I can't remember who it was that got 4 strikes in a row!  Mega-stars, I tell ya.

Me, Trav, Kirk and Rob also played a few games of ping pong in my parent's garage (nice weather).  It was an intense game.. kirstie even almost busted it on the garage floor.  We played two people where you would pop in and pop out.  It was intense (at least for me)!  It turns out Rob, I think, was the weakest link because he liked to do the "fancy" stuff and the ball usually never hit the table.  (P.S. Should also never play on teams with your significant other... it never turns out well).

Our Sunday night ended with a fajita dinner, watching Shaun White win the X-games, and playing a game of Logo.  If you're really into brand names, you need to check this game out.  It won't disappoint you and keep you entertained for hours.  

Rob and I came home Monday with no real exciting news to report.  My only comment is, I guess my apartment is dirty because one of the first things Rob did was grab the swiffer and begin dusting.  He's so anal retentive!  So, I guess I'll be cleaning the apartment this weekend as you know its bad when Rob gets the swiffer... not to mention he got the swiffer when he was tired from traveling. See what I have to deal with?

Anyways, hope you have a great week.  I'll be cleaning this upcoming weekend (oh, what fun!) and maybe some house hunting and then watching the super bowl (of which I have no favorite).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment