Sunday, November 6, 2011

Taylor Swift Concert


Ahh Yes.  We went to see Taylor Swift this weekend.  It was us a 41,998 of Houston’s loudest and finest screaming girls.  Oh you think I might be over exaggerating, but I’m not.  Rob was standing there holding this ears hostage from the sound of screaming.  I’m really not joking about that.  I actually had to tell him he was embarrassing me and to put his hands down and not over his ears.

Oh yes, doesn't Rob look exited to be here?!

But, on a fantastic side note, the concert was pretty spectacular.  She put on a great show.  And let’s face it… the main reason I went was to put the rumors to rest… could Taylor Swift sing live or not?  Well, she turned me.  I think she can definitely sing live.  The few times I’ve watched her on an awards song I’ve also thought she sounded a little off.  Maybe because she was not in her element.  In either case, she was definitely in her element in Houston and sounded great.

Taylor Swift-- first song out of the gate.

The teenage girls loved her.  I would have loved her too, except I was starting to feel a little tense at all the high-pitched screaming.  We were seven rows from the floor.  And T-Swift decided to make a little walk around the stadium.  Well, it would have been great for us, but everyone and their dog decided to race down and pile up in the stair well where there was even more high-pitched screaming and little girls surrounding me at every angle.  So, that kind of turned me off.  Had I known that would have happened, I definitely would not have chosen aisle seats. 
Ok, I know… you’re probably like what were you expecting Jessica?  This was a Taylor Swift concert… but I guess I kind of forgotten how excited is to be a kid and your famous role model walks in.  Wait, who I am kidding… I know what that is like, I get that way every time I see Dave Ramsey!  Haha, just kidding (maybe, not really).  Needless to say, my ears are still recovering today.
Oh, let me also tell you about my tickets.  I bought them from this random internet site kind of back in April.  Yeah… super long time ago!  I had almost forgotten where I stashed the tickets and when the concert was.  I was really afraid they were going to be counterfeit.  I brought my paid receipt and everything with me just in case the police wanted to take me to jail.  As, we were walking in I saw that the price on my ticket ($89.50) was indeed NOT what we had paid (I won’t embarrass myself and tell you what I actually paid).  So, I might have gotten just a tad bit ripped off.  All in all, it was about a $270 night.  I’m not sure Robert will let me by tickets online from a random place ever again.  But, the tickets did work!

Bet you can't guess which song she sang for this?!
Oh… so T-Swift didn’t actually start to perform until about 8:45pm.  We got there at 7.  The Arkansas game was going on and LSU/Bama were about to start up.  We couldn’t get our phones to work in the stadium.  Everyone once in a while a text would pop up about the game or I could get my twitter feed to update.  Rob was definitely a little sad and maybe a tad grumpy?  He was really hoping is new 4s would be able to perform better, but alas… when there are 42,000 people in one place… your phone just does not work.
Let me tell you another story… there was this lady, her daughter, and a dad sitting behind us.  All throughout the opening acts she kept telling her daughter that she was not allowed to scream.  “There’s just no reason for that” and I quote.  So, she wouldn’t let her daughter scream.  And then, she told her daughter that she probably wouldn’t get to see Taylor Swift because it would be late and they needed to get to bed.  I looked back about 2 songs into T-Swift and sure enough they were gone.  I don’t even know if her little daughter got to see T-Swift at all.  OMG.  Why pay $89.50 (x3 and assuming you bought them at face value, unlike myself) only to leave???  Yeah, I know… I just complained about screaming up above.. but, if a girls gonna scream… the best place to do it is with 40,000 other little girls at a concert to a pretty darn good idol.  This poor child.  It made me more than a little sad.

She changed outfits so many times, it was unreal.  Not sure how she did it.

On a happy note, there was a mother daughter date directly in front of us… and she got to touch T-Swift’s hand when she came walking around and then proceeded to hug her mom and I kind of thought both of them were going to cry.  It made me really happy though.. that’s how a mother/daughter duo is supposed to react when it’s likely the daughter just achieved a lifetime dream (real or not).
Okay, but enough… laundry seems to be calling my name… and bagel bites.  We really did have a great time at Taylor Swift and she put on one heck of a show.  I almost forgot a highlight—Nelly was there!!  He performed a song with Taylor at the end.  I’d never seen Nelly live before, nor would I voluntarily pay money to see him, so it was nice he just appeared.

T-Swift and Nelly

Until next time…

1 comment:

  1. I think what happens is that during telivised performances - especially award shows - her nerves just consume her. Then when she knows she's off (usually too low) her nerves get even worse. It's a vicious cycle. But, her concert was actually what fully planted me in her corner.

    ReplyDelete