Monday, January 31, 2011

Well… maybe RobAndJessInAWorkoutRegimen is better than Vitameatavegamin. Maybe.

Oh yes, I know.. you thought we, or I, had given up.  But nope, today marked the 15th workout by me & Rob.  We haven’t skipped a single day.  The only day of rest is a Sunday.  And I look forward to that day with everything I got.
And yes, the first week was bloody miserable.  I couldn’t move, everything hurt.  I even researched ice baths and made one for me and Rob.  Yep, you heard right.  I took an ice bath.  Do I need to repeat b/c you still don’t believe.  YES, I, JESSICA LYNN MEIER, TOOK AN ICE BATH.  But only after Robert did it first.  And I put on sweatshirt for the upper half of me.  But yes, the water was a sweet 58 degrees.  Robert kind of just had to push me down b/c I stepped my toes in and was like, nope… I’m not doing it.  He literally shoved me down as I went screaming.  But I stayed in for 8 minutes.  Yep, you are looking at the girl who doesn’t get in pool unless the water is above 86 degrees.  My legs were numb afterwards, but can I say that I felt miraculously better the next day?  Yes.  Oh, and I took a hot shower an hour later.  I was kind of concern at first b/c other than my legs feeling a bit numb… my body still freaking hurt.  But, I can honestly say the next day I felt better.
We were in such unbearable pain that we took ice baths.  But, I can’t even describe to you the amount of pain my legs were in.  I don’t even remember what else hurt, but I can recall the screaming pain of my legs instantly.  I still have nightmares about it.  The second week was drastically better than the first.  Don’t get me wrong… not a minute goes by that our instructor, Shaun T says “ Dig deeper, squeeze that core!”  I  yell back, “I DON’T HAVE A CORE!!!!!” with sweat dripping down my face and my legs shaking.
I am proud to report that Rob and I can almost make it through the 9 minute warm-up.  ALMOST.  But, I don’t really consider this a warm-up.  Hardest warm-up of my life.  And then, there is this one day where you just do cardio straight for 20 minutes.  It’s kind of ridiculous.  The second week had to combine 20  minute non-stop cardio w/ a cardio abs workout.  Needless to say, my abs have yet to recover (this took place on Saturday).   I live for “Recovery Workout” Day.  While this entails squatting for 3 minutes straight, there is no jumping.  So be it that my legs collapse and I fall to the floor.  Just no more basketballs and squat jumps, please!!!!!!  For those wondering what a “basketball” is that is where you squat, bend down and touch the floor, and jump up pretending you are shooting a basketball.  Don’t know about you, but I get a ‘nothing but net’ every time!!!!
So, today was fitness test 2.  You will recall our first fitness test from day 1 on my previous blog.  So, let me break it down for you:

Jessica
Robert

Day 1
Day 15
Day 1
Day 15
Test 1
38
61
45
76
Test 2
18
30
26
35
Test 3
30
48
40
62
Test 4
13
20
20
29
Test 5
4
8
5
8
Test 6
8
10
10
11
Test 7
0*
6
18
20
Test 8
20
30
18
26
*This would be push up jacks.  I could do none the first day.
Oh, and no one is allowed to comment about how Rob does more reps than me.  We have a rule… no judging each other, so that will also apply to you.
So, yes folks… I would say our workout is working!  WE IMPROVED!!!!!!!!  I’m calling this a success.  What, what?!?  So, maybe all that pain was for a little gain.  I can even do a push-up!!!!!  I was fairly certain I would never be able to do a push-up jack.  I mean really, who wants to jump and straddle their legs all while doing a push up???  Certainly not me.  Oh, and I still don’t like doing any of this stuff.. but it is getting somewhat easier.  SOMEWHAT.  Maybe in the next 2 weeks I will be able to report that I can make it through the entire warm-up.  MAYBE.
We definitely don’t have a 6 pack of abs or anything, but I am starting to see a faint outline of a leg muscle.  I still hate Kendra.  She still wears her hair down and has a 6-pack of abs and annoyingly smiles while she does it all… but let me tell ya, Kendra… I’M COMING AFTER YOU.  Though, I will never wear my hair down while working out.  That’s just stupid.  But, maybe we’re past the point of needing another ice bath, cuz baby, that was just cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But here I am, making this all about me… but Rob is doing great too.  But, let’s face it… I’m the one that really needs to work out.  He could run 4 miles w/o stopping before he even started.  J  And he still drinks Protein shakes after every workout.  I’m still eating cereal.  Where’s the fairness in life??  Okay, no judging I swear!  I’ve got 5 more pounds to go to get to my original wedding weight.  Damn the 15 lbs marriage can give you!!
So, here’s my incentive to you.  If I can do it…. you can definitely do it.  I hope my blog is somewhat of an inspiration to you.. b/c just knowing that someone might wonder how I did keeps me going day in and day out.  So, hopefully you will be able to see how we are coming along in the next 15 days.
So yes, maybe RobandJessInAWorkoutRegimen is a little better than Vitameatavegamin.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment